Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pauli

© Copyright Crystal Thornycroft, February 24, 2010

My love for you will never fade away
Like the red rose that blooms and dies
Only to plant another seed to be reborn
Like the heavy winds and rains that come and go
My love for you, Pauli, was so deep
No one, but me and you, will ever know
Like the thunderous lightning
And magnificent, wailing storms
I set my ship to sail across the gigantic seas
Be as loud as I want to in my love for you
My tears now are endless, and I,
Pauli, I pray for you that you are free
Tell me, tell me you are truly free…
For my love for you, my friend, is so, so deep
It will never fade away
Like the cold and crisp winter awaiting the budding spring
I never knew I would feel all this pain I am in
But like the phoenix that rises out of the ashes
I am immersed in many beautiful, playful memories
Of those days we used to play and dance in those mango trees
Looking for berries in the bush
And frolicking in the waves amidst the gigantic and empathetic seas

And now I plant this rose in my garden to resemble
This deep red love I have for you
Knowing so deep in my heart that my love for you is more than true
Oh Pauli, how I miss you, miss you, miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.