Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Report

© Copyright Brian Hawkins, 2010

Always tell somebody where you are going.
I told noone.
Never swim alone.
I swam alone.
Never go swimming at dawn or dusk.
I entered the water as the setting sun
Dyed every wave blood red.
Stay clear of large concentrations of fish, and areas
Where birds are diving into the water.
I swam into a bait-ball.
Avoid violent splashing motions
Which could be misconstrued.
I thrashed around.
Never enter the water carrying
The bloody head of a calf. It
Was the hind-quarters.
Report any attacks immediately.
I report nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.