Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Love Circus

© Copyright Iain MacDonald,2010

How I longed
for Love to
fall from a tree
envelope me, wrapped
In poetry
sprinkled handfuls of confetti
flashed memories
A past life
of you and I
lightly
tightly
veiled;
Blue glass, sunlight, lemon tea
your wrists
your eyes
your smiles
I’m lost those eyes
permanent
invisible
crossroads
in time;
Are we real?
my heart says yes
my mind talks, talks, talks
It says;
we might be two sea horses floating
smiling as we
go by how
sublime accepting
are things obvious ?
are we transparent ?
people see what
makes us tick or
are we transparent but
they can’t see
what’s happening to us ?
We became
a circus
everyone’s come to see
the clowns hey
we’re serious
Love has come to town
tomorrow the same audience.
a new circus comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.