Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Blood

© Copyright Iain MacDonald, 2008

This world, the one I love
I understand, I am attached
Bird song in winter's ear
Happy blood runs through my veins.

Sunshine on my perfect cat
He always smiles because he knows
Happy blood floods my Celtic frame
I feel at home when I’m alone.

Jasmine reaches I inhale
Floating piano strains
All the way to Christmas Island
And back again
All my washings hung out to dry
Hung out to dry.

This happy blood’s too strong
For me it keeps on flowing
I intoxicate, the earth moves
My hands don't shake
I live forever, a beautiful future
With you again.

The sunlit trees calling me
Come out laugh with me
This wondrous world
Decorated with promise
Beyond the mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.