Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Congratulations to Craig Nelson, etc

Although I've not yet become informed of the results of BELLO BARDS at the Nimbin Performance Poetry World Cup, the grapevine tells me that Bello Bard Craig Nelson won the People's Choice at this event. This is a great and deserved honour to Craig and to our small but dedicated troupe of scribblers. I hear, also on the Bello grapevine, that Brian 'Birdman' Hawkins also did well. Congratulations, Craig, and Hawkeye, you have remarkable talents. You and Cup-winner, Liz Routledge, have made me a little afraid ever to compete alongside you, but I hope to do so next year if I can. Well done, Bello Bards. You have done our group and our shire proud. I hope you will inform the local and regional press, and the Bello Bards website, ASAP, with a news item and a photo. Well done, all of you, my friends! And watch out -- it's my intention that next year I will compete for the prestigious cup. Meanwhile, bask in your well-earned glory. I am so proud of you all.

1 comment:

  1. If you're gunna compete, Pip, start now and work on it for a year. The competition is awesome in the range of presentations and subjects. For anyone who wasn't there, it is impossible to impart what a feat it was for Liz to take the cup.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.