Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Fond Kiss

The taste of our first kiss
Hidden, draped under
The cathedral dome
A giant fig draws elixir
From the aquifer
Deep below our feet
Far from the villagers gaze.
The shade, the leaves
Dappled light
The miracle that is your lips
Orange, daffodil and painted twig
Longing for tomorrows
With prayers and bells
Sweeter days
September birthdays
Presents of your sweetness
Your delicious eyes
The scent, the taste
Of you.

You lay there in the shade
Your very presence made the day
As we lay in the winter sun
Looking into your eyes
Reflecting gems
I saw myself, how I look
When I adore you
I have surpassed my dream
You are the lady
With the deliberate voice
Threading precisely
What you mean
Pearls of wisdom
I store in my jar
So glad I know you
I walk around you
My planets orbiting star.

Copyright 2007
Iain MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.