Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our place

© Copyright 2009, Craig Nelson

The clock betrays me at 2.00am,
The fire's hot and the cask is full.

The power's on, I can write this stuff,
If only I knew, when I had enough

Of pandering to social norms,
Philandering with department stores.

I've drawn a line, I won't be swayed,
I'm not going to Crazy Day.

I'll sit in the pub and talk to me mates
If they're not there, I'll be sure to relate

To a visitor or two, just to make sure,
They're not keen to come back anymore.

The gullies are deep, the vallies are wide,
There's many a creek, but nowhere to hide

They won't like it here, whatever the season,
Keep on moving for just one reason

We like it here and you crowd our space;
Stay for some days and get off your face

Then, it's time to go, back to your perch
Or crash at the door of any old church

Where the godly love and welcome the meek,
And find their strength in helping the weak.

To a point of despair that would raise the 'air
Of a mongrel dog and that's what you are

Rampant, ignorant, feral slobs;
Go back to facebook and eternal blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.