Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010

Bellingen Poets in Nimbin 2010
Taking Home The World Cup!!!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Don’t clone me until I’m dead. Better still, after the Raelians are.

© Copyright Pip Wilson, 2010

I'm glad I was born an Australian
Not the clone of some lesbian Raelian;
I'd feel rather weird
To put dye in my beard.
To an Australian, that's rather alien.

I'd hate to be somebody's lackey
Especially to someone so wacky
As a shyster rapscallion
Who wears a medallion
And a moustache like some Boston Blackie.

It's a picture that’s better unpictured,
A moustache like Little Richard’s.
Little Richard was hip,
But Rael's upper lip –
Well, I can't think of nothing more wretched.

I don't mind the company of aliens;
Nor Buddhists, nor yet Episcopalians,
A Rajneeshi or Jew,
Even a Muslim or two,
But they can punch it, all of them Raelians.

I suppose I'm a narrow Australian
(they say that we are sub-mammalian),
But I'd die if some bloke
in a white satin cloak
Cloned me into an alien Raelian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and unmoderated. Please keep them kind and constructive. Thank you.